The unique and environmentally-friendly X-BOW® hull line design offers significantly higher transit speed in adverse weather conditions, as well as enhanced fuel economics. The bow shape ensures soft entry into waves, thus reducing speed loss, pitch and heave accelerations, as well as eliminating slamming and vibration problems associated with conventional bow flare.
- Higher transit speed in calm water due to low angles of entry and increased waterline length
- No bow flare, eliminating bow impact and slamming in foreship
- Lower pitch and heave accelerations due to foreship volume distribution and slender hull water line
- Reduced noice and vibration levels in foreship due to soft entry into waves
- Less spray
- Negligible occurrences of green water on bridge deck
- Working deck and deck equipment better protected due to hull extended to full beam in
- Higher transit speed in head and following sea, giving reduced power consumption and/or
higher fuel efficiency in waves and still water
The X-BOW® hull line design is patented in Norway (reg. no. 324744), Russia (reg. no. 2374120), Singapore (reg. no. 135279 (WO/2006/096066)), Ukraine (reg. no. 95070), USA (reg. no. 7,658,159) and Vietnam (reg. no. 8437). Patent is pending in Brazil, China, Europe (EPA), Hong Kong and India.
X-BOW® product sheet
Contacts for design and package solutions:
Heavy Offshore vessels
Films, animations and product presentations from Ulstein Group can be viewed and downloaded from our virtual library: www.ulsteinlab.com