The UT 742 is a Super Large Multifunctional Anchor Handling / Tug / Supply and Sub Sea Service Vessel designed by Ulstein Ship Technology AS; Design dept.; to satisfy the new demands of the offshore industry as oil exploration and oil production moves into deeper waters. The UT 742 is designed and arranged for a wide spectre of sub sea installation works and services; and can also be arranged for light drilling and similar services. We mention:
- Sub sea work and installation at sea bed
- ROV and ROT services
- Laying and handling of anchors and mooring lines for offshore floating production platforms.
- Laying of flexible pipilines on sea bed between oil and gas installations.
- Plowing for pipelines in sea bed, with a pull load of approx. 270 tonnes.
- Towing of production platforms and drilling platforms.
- Handling and installation of construction blocks and equipment.
The work deck is designed and prepared for installation of topside modules with weights up to approx. 25000 tonnes.
M/S "Normand Pioner" is built with two moon pools in ship centre line. The work moon pool has dimensions approx. 7m x 7m, and the ROV moon pool approx 4,5m x 4,5m. The moon pools are located close to the vessel's flotation centre, and are arranged with sea flow dampening compartments. The UT-742 is generally designed and arranged according to "Class III" vessel with two main propulsion machinery plants in separate machinery compartmenst. M/S "Normand Pioner" i equipped and certified as a "Class II" vessel, and is prepared for later conversion to "Class III". M/S "Normand Pioner" is built with a hotel compliment of high standards and with capacity for 73 persons. Further with a helicopter landing platform for Super Puma or Sikorsky S61.
Length over all, approx 95,0 m
Length between p.p 80,7 m
Breadth moulded 24,0 m
Depth moulded 9,7 m
Draught midship (moulded) 7,800 m
Max draught aft 8,315 m
Ballast water 3928 m3
Fresh water 1038 m3
Fuel oil (IF 40) 1110 m3
Fuel oil (GO) 1104 m3
Cargo (rig) chain lockers, 4 in number 577 m3
Cargo deck area (21 m x 45,5 m) ~ 950 m2
Cargo deck dimensioning 10 T/m2
Deck cargo (G = 1,0 m above deck) 3540 T
Deadweight at summer draught 7,80 m 5293 T (A-Frame is regarded as deadweight).
Gross tonnage, international 5906 GRT
Net tonnage, international 1771 NRT
CLASSIFICATION / FLAG
DnV + 1A1, Tug Supply Vessel, SF, EO,
DynPos AUTR, Ice C, HELDK
Flag: Isle of Man.
Speed, approx 17 knots
Bollard Pull, approx 270 tonnes
The vessel is built with a compliment for totally 73 persons.
- Two of one-bed cabins with day room and bedroom
- Eleven one-bed cabins
- Twentyeight of two-bed cabins
All cabins with separate toilet/shower.
- Mess room and day room in vicinity of galley.
- Day room and Smokers corner - Conference room and office
- Laudrries, hospital with reception and wardrobe
- Dry provision room, refrigerated room, and freezer room.
A-frame, 150 T SWL.
One knuckle jib crane, 5 tonnes at 12 mtrs.
One knuckle jib crane, 5,5 tonnes at 15 mtrs. (MOB1500)
Two folding cranes - max 2,5 T - serving anchor handling area, each 30,8 TM, max reach 16,8 m and 19,1 m respectively. Prepared for installation of one offshore rated crane 1745 TM
Liquid Cargo discharge systems
Two fuel oil pumps, el. driven 2-speed, each 163 m3/h - 9 bar.
Two fresh water pumps, el. driven 2-speed, each 150 m3/h - 9 bar.
Two ballast pumps, el. driven, 310 m3/h - 2,5 bar.
The ship tanks are prepared for eventual later installation of liquid mud system.
Space is reserved for eventual later installation of cement/ baryte tanks.
Rudders / Steering Gear
Two ULSTEIN High Lift Flap Rudders
Two ULSTEIN Steering Gear
Two ULSTEIN Side Thrusters forward, each of 1000 kW.
One ULSTEIN Swing-up Compass Thruster forward, 2000 kW with frequency transformer.
Two ULSTEIN Side Thrusters aft, each of 1470 kW.
Roll Damping System
Two ULSTEIN Passive Stabilizing Tank Systems.
Mannoeuvring / Positioning
Ulstein Poscon Joystick
Dynamic Positioning System DnV AUTR (Class 2) with:
- Position Reference System
- HiPAP, Fanbeam, Tautwire winch, 2 of DGPS.
- Tension control for AHT winch wire.
- Tension control for pipe laying equipment.
Navigation / Communication
S-band ARPA radar and X-band TM radar with remote display.
Electronic chart system (ECDIS).
Radio installation according to GMDSS –area A3.
Inmarsat C, Inmarsat B and Mini M SatCom Satelite TV
Two ULSTEIN combined Windlass / Mooring Winches.
Two ULSTEIN Tugger Winches, pull 15 T.
Two ULSTEIN Capstans aft, pull 15 T.
One ULSTEIN Spare Wire Winch, pull 15 T. Capacity: 1500 m of 83 mm dia. wire.
One ULSTEIN declutchable Anchor Handling Drum with ULSTEIN Spooling Gear. Capacity: 1500 m of 109 mm dia. wire, Low gear 500 T at 0 - 11 m/min., Brake holding load 560 T.
Two ULSTEIN declutchable Towing Drums with ULSTEIN Spooling Gear. Capacity each: 2000 m of 83 mm dia wire. Low gear 400 T at 0 - 14 m/min., Brake holding load 685 T.
One ULSTEIN Secondary Winches with Spooling Device Pull 63 T, capacity: 1400 m of 7 in. dia.synthetic rope.
One ULSTEIN Stern Roller, 500 T SWL, L7000, D4000
Two retractable anchor handling forks, 750 T SWL.
Two retractable lifting pins, 10 T, H600.
Two sets of retractable towing pins, 270 T SWL.
One incinerator, capacity 500.000 kcal/hr., also burning slugde.
Life Saving Equipment
One FRC with approved one-armed davit
6 life rafts with capacity for 20 persons, and 4 life rafts with capacity for 25 persons.
Pancake of Aluminium.
Size: 22,2 m * 22,2 m, orthogonal shape.
Dimensioned for Super Puma and Sikorsky S61.
Approvals: DnV, NMD, NAA, UK CAA (CAP 437) / BHAB.
Machinery / Propulsion System
Main propulsion with four main engines and two main propellers.
Heavy fuel oil IF 40.
Modularized engine room
- Two main engines (inner) each of 5280 kW at 600 rpm
- Two main engines (outer) each of 3960 kW at 600 rpm
- Two reduction gears, with declutchable primary PTO for shaft alternators.
- Two ULSTEIN CP Main Propellers i Nozzles, each 9240 kW/dia 4500 mm/speed 138 rpm.
Fresh Water Generator
- Two FW generators, each w. capacity 12,5 tonnes per 24 hours.
Electric Powerplant (690 VOLT AC – 50-60 HZ)
- Two shaft alternators, each of 4375 kVA.
Four generator sets, each of 1500 kVA.
Emergency generator, 468 kVA.
- ULSTEIN Main Switchboard 690 V / 440 V / 220 V control room.
- ULSTEIN Emergency Switchboard
- ULSTEIN Motor Control Centres
- ULSTEIN Control Consoles in brigde and engine control room
- ULSTEIN general Electric Equipment
- ULSTEIN Power Management System
- ULSTEIN Multifunctional Automation System (UMAS-V) with integration (PC control) of:
Alarm and Monitoring System.
Tanktender System (cargo control).
Tank Sounding System.